Status Update


“There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner. Wind themselves around your limbs like spider silk, and when you are so enthralled you cannot move, they pierce your skin, enter your blood, numb your thoughts. Inside you they work their magic…”
Margaret (The Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield)



Thursday, February 21, 2013

No Attachments & Final Arrivals


My Friend posted a group Facebook question from JANUARY 20TH
"If you had a chance to pack your bags and get out of the country fast, "could" you take it? (I say could because people have commitments, family, children, friends, job, etc, etc.)"?

MY REPLY (cuz I found it intriguing & unique):

All of my life I've chosen to Live so as to Travel Light. As strange, 'irresponsible, 'un-american' and odd as it may sound, I have not & do not own any single piece of propery, object etc. valued at more than $5000. I've NEVER purchased anything above this price on credit, or anything that I did not have actual MONEY in/on hand to pay for directly/outright.  This was/is a CONSCIOUS deliberated 'lifestyle' choice on my part.

Regardless of where this reason, insight or foresight may have originated,  it has always carried with it an irrevocable, definitive sense of necessity that resonates throughout my life.  It's a matter of carrying this feeling with you that you must be Ever Ready & Able to pick up, go, get a move on at any given moment  in time, post haste.  I have in fact, moved across country 3 times in my life to a completely unknown place, having nothing ready or awaiting me, with no  more than a suitcase of my belongings (and at times 1 or both of my children) in tow.  Despite this, I've set firmly set down good, solid, stable roots repeatedly, in many places.


As far as those 'pesky details' that would seem to hinder most rational 'normal' people - commitments, family, children, friends, job - I can say that for me they only strengthen the nature and depths of these bonds.  I can truly say that possing little of financial or physical worth by traditional standards has in no way lessened the worth of value or quality of my life. Cliche as it may sound, my life IS blessed rich, I would trade nothing for what I have, and would live it all over again in exactly the same way. 


More even then all this & not of small consequnce, a delightfully unexpected hidden treasure has come to light in these now middle years of my life.  I have discovered by some unknown Saving Grace, the Purpose for and Path to which this meandering life of sometimes seemingly brazenly risky, uncertain & unsecure choices was meant to carry & deliver me to. And even more beautifully, that it was all in preparation for and a requirement of  my arrival to this specific Place in Time

No comments:

Post a Comment